WHY WE FUNDRAISE
- Because 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Because every 19 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer.
- Because every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer; every 13 minutes, one woman in the U.S. will lose her life to breast cancer.
- Because, breast cancer knows no boundaries. It affects people of every age, gender, socio-economic status and geographic location.
- Because the current rate, 13 million breast cancer deaths will occur around the world in the next 25 years.
- Because it's time to go beyond breast cancer awareness. It's time to take action!
We can fight these statistics together. Join the breast cancer movement by fundraising for Komen on the Creeper! Your fundraising has the power to make a true IMPACT. Just consider how far we have come, thanks in part to supporters like you:
- In 1980, the 5-year survival rate for women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer was about 74 percent. Today, that number is 99 percent.
- Since our founding in 1982, Susan G. Komen's national research program has invested in cutting edge research that has helped make major breakthroughs possible.
- Funding for discoveries in genetics and biology has led to personalized, less-invasive breast cancer treatments to replace the less-effective "one-treatment-fits-all" approach.
Komen on the Creeper is your opportunity to turn your support for the breast cancer movement into action. Prove that you are More Than Pink, and help us end breast cancer forever.
(You must be logged into your Participant Center to connect to Facebook)