This year, I registered to walk 15 miles in one day for Komen on the Creeper on October 27, 2018 because I wanted to take action and be More Than Pink™. Komen on the Creeper is the most recent effort by our local Susan G. Komen Affiliate—Komen Virginia Blue Ridge, to rally people together from across Southwest Virginia to join the fight against breast cancer in our community and beyond. I want to make an impact in our continued fight against breast cancer and I need your help! Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today in support of my fundraising efforts.
No matter how big or small a contribution, every donation helps fuels our mission of ending this disease forever. 75 percent of the money raised through Komen on the Creeper stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research that is making strides in preventing, detecting, treating and curing the disease.
Our Big Bold Goal is reduce the number of breast cancer deaths in the US by 50% by 2026. The current number of deaths in the US is over 40,000 EACH AND EVERY YEAR. That amounts to the entire student population of Radford and Virginia Tech passing away every single year. We want to change this number, and we're dedicating our work to that goal.
Together, we are fueling the best science, boldest community and biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. And we will not stop until this disease is gone forever. That's our promise. Will you please join me in this fight by helping me reach $1,000?